For adolescent men, residential treatment can be an ideal opportunity to step away from life to heal. This type of treatment means spending several weeks or longer living at a treatment center. During that time, they receive outstanding support and guidance while learning skills to manage their needs. At Foothills at Red Oak Recovery, we offer therapy and substance abuse treatment in this positive, upbeat setting. Contact our team today at 866.300.5275 to learn about the treatment options available to your teenager.
Why Choose Residential Treatment?
Every situation involves careful consideration of the benefits treatment can offer. Sometimes, this immersive experience is critical as a person must leave home to start the healing process. While there are many benefits to this type of treatment, there are a few key reasons why many young men should embrace inpatient treatment, such as:
- 24-hour monitoring: For parents with a teen who needs addiction treatment, knowing someone is available 24-hours a day means they have fewer worries. It also means any medical or emotional need can be dealt with immediately.
- Comprehensive counseling: Our team provides a treatment plan to address the specific needs of the individual. This includes providing access to holistic therapy, such as equine therapy, while also providing evidence-based care such as cognitive-behavioral therapy. This therapy is available throughout the day, ensuring constant learning and growth.
- Long-term recovery plan: A key goal of addiction treatment in this setting is creating a long-term plan for recovery. Working on that plan full time in this setting ensures the best resources are available while also ensuring immersive therapy is provided.
Many factors play a role in the success a person has with residential treatment. That includes family support and education. Family therapy, along with group and individual therapy, is a component of the care your son needs.
When Should You Consider Residential Care?
Residential treatment is beneficial to many young men who face significant life changes due to drugs and alcohol. This type of treatment may be best for those who:
- Have developed dependence and cannot stop using on their own
- Are engaging in reckless actions as a result of their addiction
- Need therapy for behavioral needs and acting out
- Those struggling with psychological concerns including anxiety, depression, or trauma
- Need support for maintaining academics
Deciding to get this type of care is difficult for any parent. Most parents want to keep their son in their daily life as much as possible. Yet, choosing to seek treatment offers long-term benefits. Because young men who use drugs and alcohol at this age tend to struggle for years to come, including with other addictions, acting now is often best. It may improve your relationship. It may also reduce the risk of health consequences.
Seek Treatment at Foothills at Red Oak Recovery
The first step is to reach out to our team at Foothills at Red Oak Recovery for an assessment. We’ll offer counseling and one-on-one therapy to determine what your teen or young adult’s needs are. From there, your child can fully embrace the many benefits we offer. Some of the therapies they have access to may include:
- Equine therapy services
- Psychological testing services
- Family therapy programs
- Holistic healing services
- Trauma treatment programs
- Process addiction treatment
- Disordered eating treatment
Taking the time to get help now provides the best opportunity for protecting your son’s future health and mental wellbeing.
Residential treatment is an option for many young men. At Foothills at Red Oak Recovery, we work with those who need addiction treatment and counseling to turn their life around. Learn more about the work we do and how we can help you when you call 866.300.5275 or connect with us online for help now.