The COVID-19 pandemic has impacted most people in some way. For young men, it can create challenges at a significant and vulnerable time. You may have noticed changes over the last year as the pandemic has gone on, and you may not be sure how to help your son find the best possible way to overcome those challenges. That’s where Foothills at Red Oak Recovery can help. Call our team today at 866.300.5275 to learn about the treatment options available.
What Has Changed in the COVID-19 Pandemic?
How has this pandemic impacted your teens’ mental health? Many factors have changed in their lives. They are no longer able to go to school to see friends, develop relationships, and learn. Many are experiencing social isolation at one of the most critical times of their life when developing these skills.
Consider a few signs that your teen may be experiencing some difficulties:
- They may have developed a fear of engaging with people around them. Social isolation can amplify anxiety. Some people are even finding it scary to engage in the world around them because of the fear of the virus itself.
- Many need help for teen anxiety because they are having trouble processing feelings and thoughts. Some may find themselves unable to make decisions because of a fear of what could happen. They may be pulling away from activities and people they love due to the onset of intense anxiety.
- Others have seen the onset of mental health disorders. Even conditions such as obsessive-compulsive disorder can develop, especially as a coping mechanism for the intense fear of getting the virus.
- Depression is another major concern. Many teens lack the interaction they need with others as well as activities that interest them, which can lead to the onset of depression.
Furthermore, if they are unable to reach others, some teens may have started to engage in drug and alcohol use. With isolation so common, it may not seem like a possibility. Yet, for teens who are bored with access to the internet, it is possible.
What Can You Do to Help Your Child Through the COVID-19 Pandemic?
The pandemic continues to move forward, but that doesn’t mean you should wait to see what your son needs. Instead, embrace treatment now while they are dealing with the symptoms they have. If you know your teen is struggling due to outbursts, changes in behavior, self-isolation, or substance use, it’s time to reach out to a professional who can offer insight and support.
At Foothills at Red Oak Recovery, we are working with many teens to create opportunities for healing. That means embracing both holistic and evidence-based therapies that can help them to rebuild. While they may not be in school or engaging in life the way they thought they would, it is still possible to enjoy a full and healthy life as a teen in today’s environment.
To make that possible, learn more about how we work with young men to ensure they have the tools and resources they need to heal. Some of the treatment programs we offer to reach this level include:
- Trauma treatment programs
- Holistic healing programs
- Co-occurring disorder treatment
- Substance abuse treatment
- Process addiction treatment
- Disordered eating treatment
Could your son see improvement? With these therapies, the answer is yes.
Get Your Son the Support He Needs at Foothills at Red Oak Recovery
No matter what your son is experiencing, know that we can help. The COVID-19 pandemic may have impacted him in many ways, even if it may not be obvious. Our team works closely with him and you to provide a treatment plan that can ensure the best possible outcome for his future. To learn how Foothills at Red Oak Recovery can help, call our team at 866.300.5275 or reach out to us online for support.