Parents can struggle to find the right treatment options for a teen that needs mental health or drug rehab services. Residential addiction treatment is typically one of those options. When a teen is going to live in a treatment facility, it can be essential to keep it near home. There are plenty of residential addiction treatment programs in North Carolina, like Foothills at Red Oak Recovery near Asheboro. For more information about the treatment options available, please contact our team today at 866.300.5275.
What Is Residential Treatment?
Residential treatment means getting help in a live-in environment. Teens join others their same age as they go through the treatment program. They live together, often attend classes with one another, and take part in group activities.
Putting a teen into residential addiction treatment can be challenging because it takes them away from the family. Treatment often includes families, though, so many are looking for something near home. They can comfortably travel back and forth easily. Asheboro residents, for example, might consider Asheboro treatment facilities or ones nearby.
What Are the Benefits of Residential Treatment?
There are many reasons sending a teen to a residential addiction treatment program makes the most sense. Some common benefits include:
- A change of pace: Choosing a residential program means removing the teen from their current situation, which may be a contributing factor to their drug use. They may feel stress around family members or live in homes that are not sober.
- Introduces teens to new peers: A residential treatment program allows the teen to meet others who are working towards recovery at the same time. That means they can develop new sober friends. They can also distance themselves from old friends that may not be good influences.
- 24-hour support: Probably one of the most critical benefits of residential care is the 24-hour support system for teens. They have full-time supervision and staff support when they need it.
- School options: Teen residential addiction treatment facilities often offer academics as part of the program. They attend school on the campus with other teens in recovery.
- Family support: Building back family relationships is an integral part of recovery. Teen residential treatment programs often offer family therapy.
Residential care isn’t the only option, but it can be one of the best choices for teens in need of substance use or mental health treatment.
What to Look for in an Asheboro Treatment Program?
Location is just one consideration when choosing a residential program for your teen. You also want one that offers various treatment options, such as family therapy, trauma treatment, and mental health services.
Substance use doesn’t happen in a vacuum. It is sometimes associated with other disorders or problems that are underlying conditions of the abuse. For example, teens suffering from depression might take drugs to feel better. If that’s the case, then you want a facility that can treat both problems at once to reduce the risk of relapse.
Parents also want a safe and secure environment that offers plenty of activity for teens. Foothills at Red Oak Recovery sits on a 94-acre horse farm, so our clients have the benefit of working with horses and gardening while in treatment.
Check Out Foothills at Red Oak Recovery Today
Foothills at Red Oak Recovery works with adolescent teen boys ages 14 to 17. Our services include:
- Equine therapy
- Art therapy
- Family therapy
- Trauma treatment
Our teen clients go to school on campus while they are in treatment. We offer them plenty of other activities while they are with us, too. Residential treatment is a practical option for teens in need of therapy. Give us a call at 866.300.5275 or fill out our contact form to learn more.